May Intake Courses in Canada 2018: There are many courses in Canada which start in May. Many colleges like Durham College, St. Lawrence College and many others offers a wide range of courses for International applicants. These colleges use new technologies and professional knowledge to enhance students skills.
Below you can read May Intake Courses in Canada 2018 for the International students:
1- ADDICTIONS AND MENTAL HEALTH (GRADUATE CERTIFICATE): Durham college is inviting application for its graduate certificate program to meet mental health issues by using best clinical skills.
This program includes:
- opportunity to explore skills which are required to practice in addiction and mental health.
- college believe in providing practical knowledge on evidence-based models of psychotherapy.
- understanding the needs of the population
- You must have degree in Psychology or social work or diploma in health or social service work or practical nursing
- Required GPA of 2.5 or 65% average.
- you must have completed three credits in post-secondary psychology courses
Career Options after completing ADDICTIONS AND MENTAL HEALTH
Youth worker, Withdrawal management counsellor, Rehabilitation services case manager, Outreach services advisor, Co-ordinator/psychogeriatric case manager, Addictions counsellor/therapist, Addictions crisis worker, Outreach services advisor, Counsellor/group facilitator and Mental health counsellor etc.
2- CRITICAL CARE NURSING – E-LEARNING: This is a graduate certificate program which offers interested nurses to work in a very critical situation of the patient. Also, they have to support the family of a patient who is facing this situation. You are offered to work in the Critical Care Unit (CCU) which offers you flexibility in learning your case study.
- you must have Proof of registration as a registered nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- If you are pursuing fourth year Bachelor of Science in Nursing you can also apply.
Please Note After completing this course you can become Critical Care Nurse in Step-down unit, Post-anaesthetic care, Telemetry, Emergency care, Coronary care and Critical care etc.
3- GENERAL ARTS AND SCIENCE – GENERAL CERTIFICATE: If you have high career goals and determined in your studies, you can choose General certificate programme in Arts and Science. You have the advantage to develop and refine academic skills in subsequent academic studies.
You can visit this page on regular for daily updates about May Intake Courses in Canada 2018. As we can update more courses in near future.
- You must carry your Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status which means you must have an interest in attending college.
- You must have Grade 12 English (C or U)
4- DENTAL ASSISTING (LEVELS I AND II)- Applicants from around the globe are invited to show their interest in the field of Dental care. It may be a good profession for you if you take interest, proper knowledge, training and skills. This programme will be for one year supported by Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada. This program offers you to take experience in Clinical research, academic studies and current radiography techniques. After compleating this course you will have thew chance to get placement as Level I and II dental assistants as part of an oral health-care team.
- You must be a graduate to get admission in this course.
- You should carry Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
- You had scored (minimum 60%) Grade 12 English (C or U)
- You must have studied biology and chemistry in grade 11 or 12
Career opportunities after completing this course:
You can become Dental assistant or Clinical co-ordinator in Chronic care institutions, Correctional institutions, Armed forces, Dental supply companies, Hospital dental clinics, General dental practices, Public health units, Insurance industry, Teaching institutions and Speciality dental practices
5- LAW CLERK ADVANCED (FAST-TRACK): If you wants to make your career in law then LAW CLERK ADVANCED (FAST-TRACK) is the best opportunity for you. This program helps you to enhance the legal knowledge, gain experience in corporate, real estate, wills, estate law and more when enrolled in this fast- track program.
This program carries three semesters in which you will be having intense training, theory and practise of law. This program helps you to study specialised areas including intellectual property, municipal, land planning, securities law and advanced job search and networking.
- You must have completed Paralegal program accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada (since 2008)
Career opportunities after completing this program are Patent assistant, Law clerk, Corporate law clerk, Family law clerk, Legal assistant and Litigation law, clerk
6- PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER: If you want to become Personal support worker you have various opportunities once you enter in this field. This course prepares you to provide assistance to the disable people and elderly people. You have to perform activities like:
- Household and family management
- Assistance with medications
- Mobility and ambulation
- Personal care and hygiene
- Palliative and restorative activities
- You must have Mature Student Status or Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Grade 11 or 12 biology or biology upgrade (C, M or U)
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Basic computer skills required
After completing this course you can become Personal support worker in areas like Hospitals, Home care agencies, Group homes, Community service agencies, Retirement homes and Long-term care facilities
7- PROJECT MANAGEMENT (GRADUATE CERTIFICATE): If you have a college diploma or University degree in business, information technology, or technology studies you have the opportunity to proceed with course Project Management. Once you enter in this course you will learn skills, tools and techniques to manage projects of any industry.
After completing this course you have the opportunity to become Project scheduler, Project manager and Project co-ordinator etc in any company or industry.
- You must have minimum three years of work experience.
- You must have deep knowledge about Microsoft Office products, especially Excel (recommended)
- You should carry Two or three-year college diploma or University degree in technology studies or business, information technology
8- Business: This is the two-year diploma course offered by St. Lawrence College to those students who want to become self-dependent by enhancing skills and experience in Marketing, Human Resources, and Accounting. Business Diploma will help you to lead your career in right direction.
- You should carry Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with the majority of Grade 11 and 12 courses.
- Your High school diploma or Mature applicants certificate is required
9- Environmental Technician: St. Lawrence College accepts applications for The Environmental Technician program which aims to provide green economy in the fields of water and air quality, occupational health and safety, waste management, and environmental assessment.
After completing this course you have various career opportunities in every sector. You can work is areas like Conservation authorities, Testing laboratories, Research institutes, Industry and private companies, Government ministries, Water and wastewater treatment plants and Environmental consulting firms.
For daily updates keep reading May Intake Courses in Canada 2018 for International students.
- you should be Grade 12 English at the C or U level
- You should also have Grade 11 Math at the C, U or M level
Grade 11 or 12 Biology or Chemistry at the C or U level is required
If you are BSc graduate then you are also eligible to complete this program in one year.
10- Computer Networking and Technical Support: Today there is the high demand of Computer Networking and Technical Support in every field of life. This area covers all the areas like computing, enterprise networks, administration and Internet management etc. This program becomes the good opportunity who interested in computers only. May Intake Courses in Canada 2018 opportunity for you.
You will receive training of about:
- Operating system virtualization
- Operating systems
- Network installation
- Software installation
- Applied Internet technology
- Computer hardware
- Website administration
- User support
You have the chance to grow your career opportunities in the sectors like Education, Military, Hospitals, Corporations and Government etc.
11- Wind Turbine Technician: Students who have a keen interest in electrical and mechanical aspects are invited to submit an application for Wind Turbine Technician offered by St. Lawrence College. Side by side you will also learn fibreglass repair techniques as they are related to wind turbines. May Intake Courses in Canada 2018 opportunity for you.
BZEE, the German wind industry training institute will certify you after completion of this program. This certification will enhance your skills at international level.
After completing this course you have the opportunity to apply for The Wind Power Industry in any country. You will have the chance to get engaged in a green energy career, contributing in a significant way to improving our environment
12- Welding & Fabrication Technician: Day by day welding industry is becoming a boom in the market. To grow this market higher level graduates are required with having practical skills. This program covers two years to get complete knowledge about welding technology.
Eligibility Criteria for Welding & Fabrication Technician:
- If you have post-secondary credits you are eligible for direct entry to an upper level of the program (semester or year) depending on transfer credits.
- Grade 12 English at C or U level
- Grade 11 Math at C, U or M level
For further updates about May Intake Courses in Canada 2018 for International students, keep visiting our blog scholarship bag on regular basis.