Scholarship for Btech Students General Category
Scholarships provide an avenue for students to have the freedom to pursue their dreams and aspirations. There is no doubt that there are a variety of scholarship opportunities around the world, but not all scholarships are eligible or accessible for all high school graduates. The general category scholarships for BTech students offer unique advantages to those who qualify for these scholarships.
-What are the Best Btech Scholarships For General Category Students?
There are many scholarships available for general category students pursuing BTech courses. Some of the best scholarships are listed below:
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) offers scholarships to meritorious and needy students belonging to the general category. The scholarship amount is based on the family’s annual income and ranges from Rs. 12,400 to Rs. 1 lakh per year.
- The Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. It provides financial assistance to minority students pursuing technical or professional courses at graduation or post-graduation level. The scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 per year.
- The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It provides financial assistance to 1,000 meritorious and needy students belonging to the general category every year. The scholarship amount is Rs. 20,000 per year.
- The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards are offered by the National Innovation Foundation – India, an autonomous body under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. These awards recognize and encourage creativity and innovation among young students in India aged between 15 and 17 years. A total of 100 awardees are selected every year from across the country and each awardee receives a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh along with a laptop and a Kindle e-
There are many scholarships programs available for general category students. Some of the best btech scholarships for general category students are:
- The Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards: This award is given to students who have developed creative and innovative solutions to address problems in their community. The award includes a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh and an opportunity to attend a 3-day camp at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- The Google India Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in academics and show potential for leadership and impact in their chosen field of study. The scholarship includes a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh and an opportunity to attend the Google India Summer Institute.
- The Facebook India Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in academics and show potential for leadership and impact in their chosen field of study. The scholarship includes a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh and an opportunity to attend the Facebook India Summer Institute.
Grants and Loans
There are many scholarships and loans available to students who want to pursue a Btech degree.
The government offers many scholarships and loans for general category students. The Indian government provides various scholarships like Merit-cum-Means based scholarship, Central sector scholarship scheme for top class education, Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, and more. You can check out the complete list of scholarships offered by the government here.
Private organizations also offer many scholarships and loans for general category students.
Some of the popular Institution of Repute that offer scholarships are AICTE, IITs, IIMs, XLRI, and more. You can check out the complete list of scholarships offered by private organizations here.
So, if you belong to the general category and looking for a scholarship or loan to finance your Btech degree, then you should definitely check out the options mentioned above.
How To Apply for a Scholarship
If you’re a general category student looking for scholarships to help fund your education, there are a few things you need to know. First, scholarships are not just for academic achievement – there are many different types of scholarships available, so it’s important to do your research and find the right one for you.
Second, the application process for scholarships can vary depending on the organization offering the scholarship, so be sure to read the instructions carefully. Most applications will require you to submit an essay or personal statement, as well as information about your academic record and financial need.
Finally, don’t wait until the last minute to apply! Start researching and applying for scholarships as early as possible – it may take some time to find the right one for you, and you don’t want to miss the deadline.
For more tips on finding and applying for scholarships, check out our other blog posts