The Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program is the best and exclusive scholarship or grant program at SMU Cox. This highly selective program awards 5 full-tuition scholarships every year to the best and brightest Cox MBA candidates.
Students decided on as Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars possess the chance to improve their business college experience through unique travel opportunities. Scholars participate in career boosting forums in New York City and Washington D.C. during Springtime Break of every of their 2 yrs in the Full-Time MBA Program. In NEW YORK, students will go to the New York STOCK MARKET plus some of the world’s leading finance institutions. They also happen to be Washington, D.C. to broaden their understanding of the relation between business and federal.
Students whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Course Level: These Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time Master in Business Administration Program at SMU Cox School of Business.
Study Subject(s): Five Scholarships will be awarded in the field of business administration.
Scholarship Award: Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program – under this program Five full-Tuition Scholarships will be awarded every year.
Scholarship can be taken in the United States of America -USA
Eligibility: Sine this is a most prestigious and competitive scholarship program hence very strong candidates for the Cox Distinguished MBA Scholars Program should have the following eligibility:
- Outstanding academic aptitude: Rigorous undergraduate curriculum (3.6+ GPA preferred) and Performance on the GMAT (700+ GMAT preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated in professional, academic, and/or community settings
- Significant work experience (minimum 3 years) and solid progression of professional achievement
- Clearly defined career goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of social responsibility and business ethics
Nationality: This is open to US and international students to apply for these MBA scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Scholarship Applicants must have an undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: The GMAT range for admitted students is between 590 and 710 on the GMAT. The GMAT school code for Cox MBA is HWG-KN-06 and GRE school code is 6660.
English Language Requirement:
- Students whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). University requires a minimum total score of 100 with no section below 22. TOEFL scores are valid for two years. TOEFL institution code is 6660.
- The IELTS or PTE may be taken in place of TOEFL. A minimum overall band score of 7.5 is required on the IELTS, with no section below 7.0. A minimum score of 68 is required on the PTE.
How to Apply: Application for this scholarships can be submitted through Online portal of the Cox MBA Online Application. Complete application form should be contain the following documents and items:
- Application forms found in the online application
- Professional résumé
- Essays (Two specific topics are required; you may submit a third supplemental essay only to address issues not covered in required essays)
- GMAT or GRE score taken within the last five years
- Degreed undergraduate transcripts
- If applicable: TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson Test of English score taken within the last two years (see International Applicants section for more information)
- Two professional references (names and contact information only, no letters) – people who can speak to your work-related skills and abilities
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is January 9, 2017.
for information about this Scholarship