Marshal Papworth Masters Scholarships are provided for pursuing MA Agriculture and Rural Development, or the MSc Environment and International Development provided by Marshal Papworth committee offered by University of East Anglia and can be taken at UK.
The Late Marshal Papworth was a Farmer from Huntingdonshire and Member of the East of England Agricultural Society.
With a view to educate agricultural and horticultural students from developing countries the Marshal Papworth Fund was established in 2001 to provide one year scholarships.
Wholly managed by The East of England Agricultural Society the major endeavor is to classify students who will come back to their home country after their studies to use their knowledge for the benefit of their fellow countrymen.
The first students to benefit from these courses commenced their studies in the academic year of 2002/03. So far over 90 scholarships have been awarded to applicants from around the world.
- About the eligibility:-
- -International students from developing countries working within certain conditions.
- -Applicants from developing countries working in natural resource based projects (agriculturalist/natural resource).
- -Applying for a place on the MA Agriculture and Rural Development, or the MSc Environment and International Development.
- About the nationality:-
The International students from developing countries can submit an application for this scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- Part-time earning levels are about £6 – £9 per hour, and this is currently restricted to 20 hours per week by the UK Border Agency.
- It covers stipend varying from £12,000 to £17,000 as determined by the Marshal Papworth committee.
- Selection will be on the basis of academic excellence, for applicants from developing countries working in natural resource based projects (agriculturalist/natural resource)
- Successful applicants will be contacted by the admissions department.
- About the applying procedure and Deadline:-
All eligible candidates to whom the School has made an offer are automatically considered for this award. The school nominated student will be sent the appropriate application forms.
The application closing date is 15th March 2013.