University of Pretoria is providing these two Commonwealth PhD scholarships provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Pretoria in South Africa. Inorder to be eligible one must be enrolled at University of Pretoria. It is durable up to three years covering accommodation and living costs, medical aid, books/stationery, research costs, application fee and Visa costs, airfare. Masters students presently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible they should not apply.
Open to Commonwealth applicants (excluding South African students and the benefit is to be taken at South Africa.
- About the eligibility:-
-The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
-Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria.
-Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme a maximum of three years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
-Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at time of application.
-Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.
- About the nationality:-
Applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cyprus, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, The Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica , Kenya , Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone , Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British), Zambia (excluding South African students) excluding South African students are eligible for this PhD scholarship.
- About the awards:-
- The University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students).
- The scholarship will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Doctoral students who are not able to complete within the maximum three academic year period due to unforeseeable reasons must provide a written motivation supported by their supervisor as to why an extension is necessary. The extension request will be considered by the University’s Institutional Selection Committee. The motivation must also indicate the following:
-The number of additional months that will be required (may not exceed 12 months)
-The research costs required for the extension period.
-The amount of financial support the Supervisor can provide towards the extension period.
What does it cover? The value of this Doctoral Scholarship will be R120 000 in 2014. This amount must be used to cover the following student costs:
-Accommodation and living costs
- Fees will be covered by the award of a UP Postgraduate Scholarship Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor Additional costs covered by the University: Return flight ticket from home country Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion. Application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is electronically or by post.
- The closing date for the 2014 Academic year is 30th August 2013.