These Leadership Fellowship program is offered by Mo Ibrahim Foundation for Africans. The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career, and new executives which allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position. It can be taken by the nationals of places mentioned herewith and the Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the Temporary Relocation Agency of the Bank in Tunis, Tunisia, the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
- About the eligibility:-
-The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career, and new executives. He/She shall be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
-He/She should not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
-He/She should not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
-Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
-Under the age of Forty (40) years or Forty-Five (45) years for women with children;
-Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others ;
-Have at least 8 years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
-Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
-Experience in strategic planning and execution;
-Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
-Enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
-Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
-Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
-Ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
-Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
-Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- About the nationality:-
The students of Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Madagascar, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, São Tomé & Príncipe, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Sudan) can submit an application for this fellowship.
- About the award:-
- The Bank’s Human Resources Department will carry out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be sent to the Foundation for further reduction to three (3) candidates presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Fellowships are offered for twelve (12) months.
- The Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the following terms: the fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by Foundation funds. The Fellow may be required to travel to different locations on instructions of the Bank. All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is online.
- The application deadline is 16 July 2013.
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link