/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The international students are being offered with International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) and additional International Macquarie University Research Excellence (iMQRES) Scholarships. These are provided by the Macquarie University in Australia. IPRS are available for two years Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research and MQRES scheme is a Doctoral (PhD) scholarship program. Scholarships are available to citizens of a country other than Australian/New Zealand, and not an Australian Permanent Resident. It can be taken at Australia.
· About the eligibility:-
Awards will only be available to applicants who: -are a citizen of a country other than Australian/New Zealand, and not an Australian Permanent Resident.
– have already completed, or expect to complete in 2013 a research masters degree
– are enrolling as a full-time student 2014 IPRS round information 3.
– will undertake a Masters of Philosophy or Doctorate (only PhD candidates are eligible for an iMQRES) in 2013/14
-IPRS applicants must be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree research program in Australia
-IPRS applicants who commenced a higher degree research degree and terminated that enrolment within 6 months of commencement may still be eligible for scholarship
-scholarship holders must be resident in Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave
· About the nationality:-
International students can apply for these scholarships (citizen of a country other than Australian/New Zealand, and not an Australian Permanent Resident).
· About the awards:-
1. IPRS are offered for 3 years for PhD applicants while Masters by research candidates receive IPRS funding for 2 years. The iMQRES, available for up to 3 years.
2. IPRS applicants will receive a matching Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship stipend at the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) stipend rate, currently $24,653 pa, tax exempt (2013). The iMQRES, available for PhD candidates only, offers the same stipend plus tuition fees for up to 3 years for students enrolling in 2014. Applicants who are offered an iMQRES need to pay for their overseas health cover upfront for the duration of their visa, as required by visa regulations. Successful IPRS PhD candidates will be asked to pay for their compulsory health cover for the additional visa period upfront. Neither the IPRS nor the iMQRES cover relocation costs.
3. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, and according to the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, research and Tertiary Education (DIICCSRTE) guidelines. From 2014, the admission and scholarship criteria at Macquarie University have been revised due to the introduction of the new Master of Research pathway program being the preferred pathway to PhD research. Most scholarships require applicants to have strong academic performance and references and strong evidence of research capability and achievement.
4. Applicants are notified by HDRO of the outcome of the application in writing. Successful applicants are informed of enrolment and commencement arrangements when they accept an offer of admission to candidature.
· About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
1. The mode of applying is by post. Complete an application form, and include:
Original or certified copies of all academic transcripts. An official translation into English must be included if documents are not in English;
-a certified copy of your birth or citizenship certificate, or your ID card, or the identity page of your passport
-an original or certified copy of documents providing evidence of any name change.
A project proposal outline with reference list (check with Faculty/Department of interest For length)
Two academic referees: If one is your proposed supervisor, then please obtain a third reference. A referee report form should be forwarded to your nominated referees. Your referee does not have to fill in information they can not comment on, and may attach a letter if they have additional comments for the selection committee.
Each referee should complete and return the form directly to the University no later than 13th September 2013. Due to the number of applications and reports we receive we would ask you to please check directly with your referee if you wish to know if these reports were sent. If time permits, we will send you an email if we have not received your referee’s reports
2. The application deadline is 31st August 2013.
Scholarship for Engineering Students General Category in India: The government of India and many other Indian Organisations offers various Scholarships…
MBA in USA for Indian Students: Top 10 Colleges of USA: Once there was a time planning and thinking to…
May Intake Courses in Canada 2018: There are many courses in Canada which start in May. Many colleges like Durham…
MBA in Australia for Indian Students in coming year 2018: If you are planning to pursue MBA in Australia, here is…
Well qualified applicants who can demonstrate their leadership quality have the opportunity to apply for Central Intelligence Agency Undergraduate Scholarship…