This joint call for research proposals for collaborative research for the year 2014 is initiated by Department of Science and Technology (DST) and National Research Agency (ANR). The grant is made to beneficiate the Indian (in France) and French researchers (in India). Thrust areas of research for this call are: a) Neurosciences b) Engineering Sciences (Sub-areas: Material Science, Chemistry, Intelligent Transport System and Energy). The duration of the fiscal aid is max of three years. The benefit can be taken at India and France.
- About the eligibility:-
The French researchers apply for funding in accordance with ANR rules and the Indian researchers in accordance with DST rules, both using their own application procedure. The joint proposal shall be written in English. Pre-proposals submitted to only one side will not be eligible. All applicants must fulfill national eligibility rules for their research grant application.
- About the nationality:-
Citizens of India and France can apply for this call.
- About the awards:-
- The research projects will be funded for a maximum of three years.
- The finally selected full proposals will be funded in India by DST and in France by ANR. ANR pays the travel expenses of the visiting French researcher in India as well as his/her accommodation, and per diem allowances. Correspondingly, DST pays the travel expenses in France of the Indian researcher as well as his/her accommodation and per diem allowances as per CEFIPRA norms.
- The evaluation criteria of the ANR and DST are:
– scientific quality and innovativeness of the research plan
– added value of the Indo-French research collaboration
– feasibility of the research plan
– scientific merits and results of the French and Indian researchers/research teams
– Support for careers of young researchers.
- Selection:-Based on the scientific evaluation, national ranking, and consensus reached through discussions, both DST & ANR will select the pre-proposals for the submission of full-proposal.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The French researchers apply for funding in accordance with ANR rules and the Indian researchers in accordance with DST rules, both using their own application procedure. The joint proposal shall be written in English. The Indian researchers can send the pre-proposal (in single MSword file) by e-mail to proposal-at-cefipra.org.
- Deadline for submitting pre-proposals is October 23, 2013.