Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington is aiding financially postgraduate fellowship obtainable at USA. The fellowship grant combines academic research, education and training and professional work with progressive on-the-job training and mentoring from group of professors and researchers. US and international applicants that have received their PhD or MD/ equivalent degree can apply for this fellowship. To be taken at USA.
- About the eligibility:-
In order to be considered for a Postgraduate Fellowship, candidates must have the following: PhD or MD.
-Strong quantitative background.
-Advanced research experience, especially with data analysis and statistical methods.
-Proof of proficiency in English for candidates whose native language is not English.
-Candidates who have completed a degree wholly in English can provide a copy of their degree.
-All other candidates should send a copy of their scores on an approved English language test, specifically: -The Princeton Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): For the paper-based test, minimum overall score of 600, including a minimum score of 5.0 in the test of written English; for the computer-based test, minimum overall score of 250, including a minimum score of 5.0 in the test of written English; for the Internet-based test, a minimum overall score of 100, including a minimum score of 24 in the test of written English.
-The British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A minimum score of 7.0 overall, including a minimum score of 7.0 in the written component.
- About the nationality:-
The Postgraduate Fellowship is open to national and international candidates that have received their PhD or MD/ equivalent degree.
- About the awards:-
- Candidates for this program have graduate-level training in quantitative methodology from one of the following areas: health policy, economics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, health services, demography, engineering, physics, medical sciences, or other related fields.
- The number of Fellows hired for each cohort varies depending on funding as well as the research and project needs of IHME.
- Post-Graduate Fellows are appointed at IHME for one year beginning in September, with the possibility of renewal for a second year upon mutual agreement.
- The salary is $50,000 USD. As University of Washington employees, fellows are eligible for an insurance benefits package that includes a choice of several medical and dental insurance plans, life insurance, long-term disability, and retirement benefits.
- Candidate selection includes phone interviews and in-person interviews held at IHME. Admissions decisions are made by the end of February for fellows that will join IHME the following fall.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- The mode of applying is online.
- The deadline for applications is November 1.
For detailed information about the application and the scholarships please visit the link