The offered fellowship is for pursuing postdoctoral fellowship level in Global Health at UNU-IIGH in Malaysia. The provider of the grant is United Nations University -International Institute for Global Health. The candidates who are from developing countries are eligible for submitting applications for this fellowship program. The duration of the postdoctoral fellowship is twelve months. The numbers of the grant is five covering monthly stipend, accommodation and airfare and provide internet facility. English language proficiency is required. Open to nationals of mentioned countries and can be taken at Malaysia.
- About the eligibility:-
Applicants must have obtained a PhD (or at least successfully defended his/her Ph.D. thesis) in an area broadly associated with the UNU-IIGH thematic directions described above prior to 18th June 2011 the application deadline. Language proficiency in English is essential. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- About the nationality:-
Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) can apply for this fellowship.
- About the awards:-
- Five postdoctoral fellowships are offered.
- The Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme targets five fellowship positions each year for a period of twelve months.
- Fellows will be provided with their own desk within a dedicated study area in the Institute, a networked PC, and full Internet access. The fellowship provides a monthly stipend of USD3, 000. Eligibility for a second 12-month appointment may be considered based on the Fellow’s performance. 5 Accommodation: Postdoctoral Fellows will be responsible to look their own accommodation. Limited assistance to locate suitable accommodation maybe acquired from the Institute. Travel Arrangement: UNU-IIGH provides fellows with return air tickets between his/her country of residence and the Kuala LumpurInternationalAirport.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- 1. The mode of applying is electronically or by post.
- 2. The deadline for applications for the fellowship is 31st October 2013.
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link