Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) scholarships are tendered by Malaysian Government for pursuing postgraduate degree in the following priority areas: science and engineering, agriculture and fisheries, economics and Islamic finance, information and communication technology, biotechnology, biosecurity and food safety, infrastructure and utility, environmental studies, health not including nursing, medicine and clinical pharmacy. Applicants may choose any related course within these mentioned field/areas. This is a Government-to-Government basis without any bond imposed by Malaysia. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters Programme. It is open to the students’ world wide and can be taken at Malaysia.
- About the eligibility:-
To be eligible for MTCP, applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- -Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- -Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- -Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required: IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- -In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
- -Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
- About the nationality:-
The international students can submit an application for this scholarship.
- About the awards:-
The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters Programme.
Each scholarship consists of:-
-Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
-An approved tuition fees
-Monthly maintenance allowance
-Annual grant for books and internal travel
-Medical / Health Insurance
-Installation and Termination grant
The Government of Malaysia reserves the rights to review the value of awards at any time (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
-High-level academic achievement
-The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
-Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
All applications should be made online through Ministry of Higher Education’s website.
Deadline for application is March 31, 2013.
For further information about the application and the scholarship please visit the link