These overseas award for associateship is made forward by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. It is to attract the Indian Nationals working in any of the North-Eastern States of India (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura) and is s offered for conducting research or training in different areas of biotechnology at overseas research laboratories. Two categories of Associateships, namely, Long-term (for a period of one year only) and Short-term (for three months) associateships are awarded. It is to be taken at Overseas.
- About the eligibility:-
Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in the areas of life sciences including biotechnology or M.D. in medicine/ M. Pharm/M.V.Sc/ M.Tech with 3 years research experience. Applicants should hold regular/ permanent positions in Government recognized research and academic institutions / universities located in any of the North Eastern States working continuously for the last two years and should be actively engaged in biotechnology or related R&D work. Applications from persons working on temporary positions (e.g. Research fellows or associates etc) will not be considered. Preference will be given to the candidates who are permanent residents of any of the northeastern states.
- About the nationality:-
Students of North-Eastern States of India (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura) can apply for the award.
- About the awards:-
- Award is available in different areas of biotechnology such as (i) agriculture and plant biotechnology; (ii) medical biotechnology and human health; (iii) animal and veterinary biotechnology; (iv) marine biotechnology and aquaculture; (v) Bioenergy; (vi) food, feed and nutrition; (vii) environmental biotechnology; (viii) industrial biotechnology and biochemical engineering; (ix) bioengineering and biodesign; (x) stem cell research; (xi) basic research in modern biology (xii) nano-biotechnology; (xiii) bioinformatics and ICT-enabled biotechnology; (xiv) intellectual property and patent law; (xv) systems biology and synthetic biology; (xvi) biomaterials and (xvii) bioelectronics.
- Two categories of Associateships, namely, Long-term and Short-term Associateships are awarded. The Long-term Associateship is awarded for a period of one year only and it is not extendable. The Short-term Associateship is normally awarded for three months. However, the Short-term Associateship may be awarded for a maximum period up to six months in cases where a longer duration is necessary and justified.
- The Long-term Associates are entitled to (a) Monthly Associateship @US$ 2000/- or its equivalent in the country of study; (b) Preparatory allowance of Rs 12,000/- (one time grant); (c) Cost of air passage in economy class by Air India for joining the overseas laboratory and back. (4) The Short-term Associates are entitled to (a) Monthly Associateship @ US$ 2400/- or its equivalent in the country of study; (b) Preparatory allowance of Rs 10,000/- (one time grant); (c) Cost of air passage for joining the overseas laboratory and back.
- About the applying procedure and the Deadline:-
- Applications should be submitted through proper channel (only one hard copy) as per the format available by post. A soft copy of the duly filled application compiled in one file (MS Word) is also required to be sent to email: nerbpmc-at-dbt.nic.in.
- The application deadline is 25th September 2013.
For detailed information about the application and the scholarships please visit the link